Para Kore Kaiārahi
Para Kore Marae Incorporated
E kākaunui ana koe ki kā mahi tiaki taiao?
E hīkaka ana koe ki te hāpai ake me te whakatinana i kā tikaka tiaki taiao me te whakaiti para?
Are you a passionate tiaki taiao educator?
Do you bring an understanding of mātauranga Māori and te reo Māori?
Are you connected in your community and ready to support positive change?
We are looking for a te ao Māori environmental educator (kaiārahi) to work part time in Murihiku to deliver our Oranga Taiao programme.
Who is Para Kore
Established in 2010, Para Kore Marae Incorporated is a Māori, not-for-profit, zero waste organisation with a vision of oranga taiao, oranga whānau, oranga marae.
With kaimahi throughout the motu Para Kore delivers a te ao Māori based sustainability education programme called Oranga Taiao that provides wānanga, resources and support to marae, whānau, hapū, iwi, groups, entities and communities to design out and reduce waste.
The work of Para Kore contributes to building a circular economy, soil and kai sovereignty and supporting climate justice and action.
The Para Kore whānau are passionate about and committed to collective action for a zero carbon, zero waste Aotearoa New Zealand that honours mana Māori motuhake and regenerates Ranginui and Papatūānuku.
This is a community-facing role and involves facilitating wānanga, giving presentations, conducting waste audits and supporting our membership to achieve their zero waste goals across your rohe. The role also includes liaising with Para Kore partners, completing administrative tasks and writing reports.
Skills and experience:
We‘re looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about kaitiakitanga and can inspire others too
- Is able to lead and facilitate workshops and activities aimed at reducing our impact on Papatūānuku
- Enjoys working with adults and has teaching experience (preferred but not a prerequisite)
- Is self-motivated, utterly reliable, an excellent time manager, and able to work without supervision
- Loves building relationships and getting to know people
- Has a can-do attitude, is optimistic and holds a solution-based outlook
- Shows creativity in lesson design and delivery
- Is good on the computer, has connection to the internet, phone and a reliable vehicle.
- Has knowledge of te reo Māori me ōna tikanga and experience in working with Māori communities
- Has excellent communication skills both written and verbal
What we offer:
- The position requires approximately 20 hours per week.
- Induction and training is given and resources provided for the delivery of the programme
- Opportunity to work independently and manage your hours
- Regular hui with leader and full team
- Annual face to face team hui
- Opportunity to work within and connect with whānau, community and partners across your rohe
Working for Para Kore you will be part of a growing Māori organisation that can provide further opportunities to grow skills and expertise.
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 12 June 2023 Click here for position description. Questions can be directed to: email@example.com