Para Kore Vacancies
Para Kore Administrator/Project Coordinator
Para Kore Marae Incorporated
Job Title: Para Kore Administrator/Project Coordinator
E te iwi, aro mai ki tēnei tūranga. We are excited to announce a new administrative position where you will work for Para Kore Marae Incorporated, in partnership with Waikato Regional Council and AgResearch.
The primary role is a permanent administrative position for Para Kore Marae Incorporated supporting the mission of oranga taiao, oranga marae, oranga whānau.
In addition, the position includes a contracted role for the Waikato Regional Council/AgResearch to advance the development of a regional network for those working in the circular economy and agriculture/food systems, and contribute to understanding of how we might develop an Aotearoa specific circular economy.
This position requires approximately 40 hours per week, but part time flexibility will be considered for the right applicant. In fact, if only one component of the position described above interests you please do apply as we would like to consider all applicants.
This is a working from home role with flexible working conditions.
- Administration for Para Kore
He mea whakatū a Para Kore i te tau 2010, ko te hononga whakapapa ki a Papatūānuku tōna mātāpono matua. (Established in 2010, Para Kore is a Māori, not-for-profit organisation with a kaupapa based on whakapapa to Papatūānuku.)
Ko tā mātou tira mahi e tuku ana i ngā akoranga o Para Kore ki ngā marae me ngā rōpū maha o tēnā rohe, o tēnā rohe, huri i te motu. (Para Kore works regionally throughout Aotearoa delivering the innovative Para Kore education programme to marae and organisations within the frameworks of kaupapa and tikanga Māori.)
Ko te pae tawhiti e whāia ana kia tata ko te Oranga Taiao, Oranga Marae, Oranga Whānau.
Para Kore has a vacancy for an employee administrator. In this role you would deliver high quality administration support throughout the organisation to improve systems and processes, implement automation and ensure smooth sailing towards our strategic goals, funder and partner deliverables.
This is a permanent position.
Key role responsibilities for Para Kore:
Delivery of administration services across all departments of Para Kore including:
- Bookings and calendar management
- HR administration
- Executive assistant support
- Secretary services
- Improve systems and processes, automating whenever possible
- Support frontline to complete administrative tasks
- Maintain and improve the database management system
- Support the management team to collate and gather reporting data
Skills and experience:
- Highly experienced in coordination with a high level of administrative skills
- On-line skills, with automation and management of online events
- Experienced in working with Māori communities
- Passionate or interested in sustainability, circular economy, food systems, agricultural systems or related topics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well developed time management and project management skills and experience
- Ability to manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to meet deadlines and coordinate others to meet key milestones.
- Some knowledge of tikanga and te reo Māori
- Experience with Xero would be an advantage
What we offer:
- The freedom to work independently and manage your hours.
- The opportunity to work with people and sectors across the region by doing meaningful work.
- The possibility for the role to grow for the right person.
- You will be part of the just transition movement of Aotearoa NZ and the Waikato Region to a sustainable future.
- Experience to work for crown entities and a not for profit Māori organisation.
- We promise working for us will never be boring.
Project Coordinator for Waikato Regional Council
Waikato Regional Council and AgResearch have partnered to explore the opportunities for a communication platform to support collaboration and information sharing to advance a circular economy in the Waikato Region. Based on initial research, it has been identified that the main starting point is to develop a common understanding of circular economy with te ao Māori as an integral part.
We are looking for someone to support cohesion and development of a network of people working in the agricultural and food sectors who are interested in sustainability and circular economy. The start of this network exists and one hui has been held. We are looking for someone to engage the network through running one online and one in person event, supported by Waikato Regional Council and AgResearch project members. The purpose of this role is to support and drive the development of this network to advance the discussion of a common understanding, vision and goals among the network members. Depending on the skills and interest of the applicant, there is room to grow this role into further network development and research. This is a 6 month position with the opportunity to extend the contract to 12 months.
Key role responsibilities for Waikato Regional Council and AgResearch:
- Prepare comms and promotional materials
- Maintain an email database
- Develop relationships with network members
- Plan, organise and coordinate one online wānanga
- Plan, organise and coordinate one (possibly) face to face wānanga
- Meet delivery targets
- Coordinator for a sustainable and circular economy in the Waikato Region
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, and with a cover letter to email@example.com by 17th May 2022.
If you would like more info about Para Kore employee vacancy, please contact Jacqui on firstname.lastname@example.org 021 0431127.
If you would like more info about WRC AgResearch contractor fixed term role vacancy, please contact Valerie.Bianchi@waikatoregion.govt.nz.